By registering, you agree to the show’s terms and conditions.
- The application for space, when and if accepted by VersaCore shall constitute a contract between the Exhibitor and VersaCore. The terms include the terms and conditions included in this package.
- VersaCore will honour location requests but reserves the right, if necessary, to amend and modify up to and including the day of the Trade Show.
- Booths will be sold on a first come, first served basis with priority going to exhibitors who have participated in VersaCore Events in the past.
- VersaCore may delegate the organization of the Conference Exhibit/Trade to a third party organizer who shall act on VersaCore’s behalf.
2. Qualifications to Exhibit
The purpose of the Trade Show is to provide a show-case for products and services of interest to the attendees of the Conference. VersaCore reserves the right to remove, decline, or prohibit any exhibit which, in its opinion is not suitable to or in keeping with the character of the exhibition.
3. Exhibitor Obligations
- The Exhibitor shall refrain from any conduct that would detract from the image of integrity or professionalism of VersaCore
- The Exhibitor shall maintain the confidentiality of privileged information entrusted by VersaCore.
- The Exhibitor shall make reasonable effort to minimize conflicts between events which may be hosted by the Exhibitor and the Show’s scheduled activities.
4. Sub-License of Space
The Exhibitor shall not sub-license transfer, or apportion any part of its allotted space unless specifically approved by VersaCore, shall not exhibit or permit to be exhibited or permit to be exhibited in its space any merchandise nor part of its own regular products, and shall not exhibit any advertising material not directly pertaining to the products or services being exhibited.
5. Non-delivery of the Building
VersaCore will not be liable for failure to deliver the space in the event of the building becoming unavailable through fire, act of God, public enemy, strikes, the authority of the law or any other cause beyond its control.
6. Payments and Refunds
To be accepted as an Exhibitor, on-line registration must be completed and payment received in full by VersaCore by November 1, 2019 to receive the Early Bird rate. On-line payment is the only way to secure the booth. If payment is not received within 5 days of receiving the invoice, the booth will be released.
- If an Exhibitor withdraws from its commitment, an administration fee of $50.00 will be charged for the cancellation, if notification of withdrawal is given in writing on or before October 31, 2019.
- If an Exhibitor withdraws from its commitment on or before November 1, 2019, the full fee will be charged.
7. Cancellation of contract
Versacore reserves the right to terminate this contract and to withhold from the Exhibitor possession of the exhibit space if the Exhibitor fails to comply with the terms and conditions described herein.
VersaCore is not and shall not be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, general, special, consequential or other-wise, to the Exhibitor, its agents and employees or visitors to its exhibits.
The premises are securely locked after hours. This is not an insurance policy. Exhibitors are advised to contact their business insurance agent for appropriate coverage. VersaCore assumes no responsibility or liability for theft, losses or damages, however caused.
10. Removal of Booth display and Exhibit Materials
Booths shall not be taken down prior to the end of the show at 4pm.
All decorations/rentals must be removed immediately following the event. The Cornwall Civic Complex & Conference Centre is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged decorations or rental items. All decor must be removed as we have room changeovers daily.
Should the decorator(s) not comply with this policy additional charges will be added to the clients invoice without notice.
11. Decor Policy
Nothing shall be hung on the wall of the complex.
Please do NOT use any of the following:
- nails, screws, hooks on walls, ceilings or tables.
- push pins, thumb tacks, staples on walls, ceilings or tables.
- sticky tape or adhesive on wallpaper.
- confetti, rice, paper, popcorn.
- decorations such as straw, hay, pine boughs, leaves, tree branches.
- tape of any kind.
Helium Tanks & Balloons
- Any helium tank brought into the building must be secured upright on a dolly. Any tanks not secured on a dolly will not be allowed in the building.
- No individual balloons on a string are allowed to be given away in the Cornwall Civic Complex or the Ed Lumley Arena.
Please bring your own equipment such as string, ribbon, scissors, etc.
If you are supplying your own candles, please put something under them to catch the drips. All candles MUST have hurricane lamps around them. No open flame candles are permitted due to fire regulations.
Also, no exhibitors and/or displays can block any fire pull stations or fire hose stations in the convention centre/hallways. No doorways/exits can be blocked in any way. No hallways can be blocked with sets/tables, and an eight foot walkway must be kept open.
Civic Complex Equipment
The Civic Complex has limited quantities of equipment on site such as tables, chairs, screens, overheads, extension cords etc. Please communicate your needs well in advance to ensure that the equipment is available for your event. Please note that the Civic Complex does not have an LCD Projector on site, and it’s up the client to rent this equipment at their expense.
The Civic Complex cannot guarantee the same number of tables for events from year to year as many get damaged, lost, etc.
Any damage and or injury caused by decorating will be the responsibility of the applicant and/or the decorator. Any mess made during the decorating must be cleaned up by the applicant and/or decorator before the event begins.
The applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and forever hold harmless the City of Cornwall, its officers, employees, contractors, agents and volunteers from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, demands, suits, costs, and expenses including legal fees in connection with loss of life, bodily injury or loss or damage to the facility (property of the City), the applicant or others arising from or out of any occurrence arising from the sole negligence or misconduct of the applicant, its employees, agents, contractors, officers or those for whom it is in law responsible on or about the facility in respect of the occupancy or use of the facility by the applicant or occasioned wholly or in part by any act or omission of the applicant, its employees, agents, contractors, officers, artists or those for whom it is in law responsible on or about the facility in respect of the occupancy or use of the facility by the applicants, its officers, employees, agents, the artists, or other applicants or any other person hired by the applicant that are present or working at the event.